Monday 18 February 2013

Sowing Seeds

Mixed aubergine seeds

I finally got my aubergine seeds sown. Well, 3 of them anyway - there isn't going to be enough space in the greenhouse for anymore sadly. This is a shame as the seeds above are from a packet of mixed aubergine, so it will be interesting to see what appears (hopefully). 

The temperature is rising

As you can see the daytime temperature in the greenhouse is quite impressive. Oh, how I wish that it was as warm outside. All the time!

Sowing seeds

I got a bit carried away and planted some California sweet pepper, Hungarian Hot Wax chilli, Cayenne chilli, dahlia, sweet William, and mesembryanthemum (Livingstone daisy). My Dad sowed some broad beans (Bunyard's Exhibition) and peas (Meteor). Now, like an expectant parent, I am excitedly anticipating their arrival.

10 comments:

  1. That's the only problem with mixed seeds, but at least it'll be fun seeing what grows from the ones that you've sown. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are well underway with the seed sowing I won't be growing aubergine this year as I never have any success with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never attempted to grow them before so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm not too optimistic though as it seems that lots of people don't have any luck with them. :)

      Delete
  3. I sowed my broad beans at the weekend & the same variety of sweet pepper as you. Hope we have some success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good season this year would be great. No signs of anything happening in my broad bean pots or pepper pots yet, what about you?

      Delete
  4. the peas 'meteor' are great! I sowed them myself 2 years ago and they turned out to be a very successful crop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peas rotted as we covered them by mistake :( Oh dear. Hopefully more luck second time around!

      Delete
  5. It's always exciting to see what pops up from a packet of mixed seeds. It took me three years to get an aubergine to fruit so I don't bother growing them now. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the seeds to germinate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. No one seems to have any luck with them. No doubt our rubbish summers of recent are to blame. No signs of the seeds germinating yet, I have a feeling that I haven't kept them warm enough. I'll give it another week or so and try again :)

      Delete